Monday, February 27, 2006

Breaking free of post-novel funk

At last! Forward movement! New words! I'm not stuck anymore.

Such a relief.

Yesterday, I started converting a script I wrote into short story format and finally started getting somewhere on it. I've had a huge mental barrier on this project. Scripts are written from such an outside perspective, I simply couldn't get in close enough to write it in story form whenever I tried in the past. But I was finally able to stop watching the film from the camera's perspective and get into the middle of it. Helps that I decided to start the story from the outside character's pov first. It was surprisingly easy to remember what the world feels like from his perspective.

And I also completed my DTD outline spreadsheet. I have everything I wrote documented. Now to tear it apart, fix it, and put it back together.

1 comment:

Rachel Kovaciny said...

It was surprisingly easy to remember what the world feels like from his perspective.

That wouldn't possibly be because he's 'played' by someone who 'plays' three or four characters in your novel, by chance? ;-)