Friday, September 01, 2006

And I'm back and writing already...

I reminded myself of how important music is to my writing moods/productivity.

Had to turn out a vignette that I've been procrastinating on. Had tried working on it over lunch, but turned out only a few bland sentences. Looked at the CDs I have downstairs right now, and picked "Memoirs of a Geisha" by John Williams. I wrote my last fanfic story to it, and since I was working with those characters again...

And it was the perfect mood. Again. (Which is still the oddest thing to me -- how this score works for writing Combat! fiction... but writing is all about mood, and it's got that in spades.) And I got my 450 word piece done, beta-ed, and submitted, all with "Memoirs" playing in the background.

And a three-day weekend lies ahead!

No comments: