Monday, November 24, 2008

And that's 40,000 behind me

Finally! I am fully back in the writing habit. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is to wake up in the morning unable to wait to turn on the computer so I can get to it, to have scenes swirling in my head just waiting to be thrown on paper.

So far this nano, I have completed first drafts of:

1. "In Little Stars"
2. "Crossroads"
3. an Unnamed Christmas Challenge Story

Tonight, I should wrap up "Teeth of a Dragon," which is a Halloween Challenge story, which only leaves the much longer work "Blood of the Air" still in progress. I actually will complete Nano before I complete it though, I realized, because at 18,000 words, I'm only 2/3rds through it. If that. I may only be halfway through it, as there's still a lot ahead.

And then, there's "Murder's Melody" which I should have done first, but of course, pushed aside, waaaay aside. Bad bad me. I did get a few thousand on it intermittently, but nowhere near what's needed to complete it. I guess I'll have to buckle down on that one in December. Grrrrr.

4 comments:

Rabia said...

good going! i meant to write lots of shorts this month too, but without NaNo to spur me on, all I got was 10 lines of one and two pages of a second. :P

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Hee! I just logged on to write almost exactly the same post -- a new word count and a listing of the wtories I've finished and am still working on. How funny. Must be those great minds of ours again, huh?

Congrats on all the finished stories!

Ginger Ingenue said...

I'm so glad you're gonna win!! :)

I tried doing short stories too -- when every idea I had for a novel failed! -- but me and short stories don't always mix.

Ginger Ingenue said...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you had a wonderful day. :)