Monday, July 15, 2013

10 things you might not know about me

Millie at ClassicForever tagged me on this one.  Here's 10 random facts about me you might not know.

1.  If my hair isn't long enough to braid at least sections of, I tend to be unhappy.  I blame this on Lee Marvin and his character of Tully Crow in The Comancheros, whose single random braid was the first I imitated.  I'm thinking of this because I'm wearing one like that right now...


2.  I'd much rather do yardwork than housework.
3.  I love catching snakes.
4.  I am attracted to Men in Scarves.  Seriously.  Show me a bunch of pictures and I am immediately drawn to the ones with a scarf around their neck.  So much so that I have started collecting pictures of my favorite actors in scarves.  Just because.
5.  I am not a very forgiving person.  I'm working on that.
6.  I am a good baseball player.
7.  I am allergic to wheat.
8.  I own and know how to use a bullwhip.
9.  I will run immediately to the grocery store if the cats or dog are out of food, but if I am out of human food, I usually opt to skip dinner instead. 
10. I bought a new sewing machine from Amazon seven years ago.   I have never opened the box it was shipped in.

I'm going to tag Patti, Tom of Motion Picture Gems, Rabia, and Laura, but please feel free to ignore if not inclined to participate.  I know I'm personally terrible about memes and being tagged myself, so just disregard.  And if anyone else wants to join in, by all means, do so!  It's always fun to learn more about the people I "hang out" with the most.

6 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

You still haven't opened the sewing machine? Oh my. But you don't have tiny people ripping stuff all the time. I'm so thankful to have mine up all the time now, since I can just fix things in a jiffy now.

But the scarf thing is cracking me up :-D Though I find the with-scarf picture sexier too -- but because of his pose, not the scarf.

Melissa Amateis said...

Ack! Catching snakes? How can you have a bullwhip AND love to catch snakes? Indiana Jones would be confused! LOL

Millie said...

Lee Marvin is your hair inspiration. Oh my gosh. I love you so much.

This is seriously the best. That fact that you know how to use a bull-whip is really exciting.

I'm imagining you as a sixties action hero now, just to let you know.

(This is a really creepy comment. Unintentional, I assure you. haha)

DKoren said...

Well, I also have the issue of never having used a sewing machine before. So even when I open the box, it's liable to sit there while I stare at it going, um, now what? But I still have nowhere to set it up, so until I have a table and area, it's going to have to stay boxed, sadly.

DKoren said...

LOL! You're right! Very confusing. How funny that I picked those two things to list. :-D

DKoren said...

Hahaha! You made my day. :-D I'd love to be a sixties action hero. Or an Old West action hero. Or any kind of action hero. Doing tech support work for a software company... dude, this is soooo not my calling. Don't they realize my talents lie elsewhere?? ROFL!

And you know, it's my mom who taught me how to use the bullwhip. She could use one while on horseback.