Tuesday, June 23, 2015

For the Love of a Princess

Every time I start to write something more meaningful than just how hard Horner's death has hit me, I... can't.  Not yet. But I have been listening to music.  There's an online movie music station that has been streaming Horner scores all day.  I've been listening while at work, and mostly handling it okay (the station appears to have a limited selection of CDs), and then a cue will start that completely undoes me.

This was one.



I wore the score to Braveheart out many years ago, and I don't think I've listened to it in since then.  This was always my favorite cue, and the sheer emotion of it just got to me.  (I do find it interesting looking at in which scores my favorite cue is a quiet one, and which ones it's an action one.)

2 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I used to listen to Braveheart a LOT while I was doing homework during college. It had a thoughtful energy, I guess.

BTW, I tagged you here. Play if you want to!

Crystal said...

Great post. Thank you. I would also like to invite you to participate in my upcoming blogathon in August. The link is below with more details

https://crystalkalyana.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/in-the-good-old-days-of-classic-hollywood-presents-the-barrymore-trilogy-blogathon/