Sunday, November 06, 2016

November already??

I've been on vacation up in the Eastern Sierra this last week.  Other than the fact that I was beset by a stomach bug, it was a great trip.  I got to take Silver with me this time, and that made it super fun.  There's nothing quite like introducing your dog to some new country that he was born for.   Not to mention, hiking at high altitude helps wear him out. :-D  His favorite parts were the meadow trail at the back end of Convict Lake, any time he could splash in any lake or stream, playing in (and eating) snow, and meeting a couple of horses.  My favorite parts were all the hiking, spending time with my parents and my dog, ignoring the internet.

Silver was extremely well-behaved at my parents' house, so they're fine with me bringing him any time I come up.  That is great news for me as I can now visit them more often.

Only bad part is vacation is now over, and it's back to work tomorrow.  Not to mention, it was in the 80's here yesterday when I got home.  Ugh.  I miss the cold weather.

The Sierra above South Lake.
Silver discovers snow.
Silver waiting for his new buddies.
These horses weren't interested in me at all, they just wanted to say hi to Silver.

4 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

So glad you had a nice time! We've had temps in the 70s and high 60s and to be honest, I'm tired of it. Give me some bracing 50s! It's autumn!

DKoren said...

It was so nice up there for the cool fall temperature. The nights were down in the 30s at my parents' which was lovely. Apparently, it got into the 90s here at home while I was gone. Happy I missed that! 80 is bad enough.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Here's the tag I was talking about the other night :-)

Love all the pics! I'm glad you enjoyed the week :-)

DKoren said...

I can't wait to go back. I love the pics of Silver with the horses in particular. He was so entranced by them. Tag filled in!