Well, "we love superheroes week" kind of snuck up on me. Thought it was waaaay off over yonder, and then bam, it's here. Right now. Man, time is flying. To start things off, we have a tag from Hamlette, who is hosting this week of superhero fun. Check out this link to find a listing of the entries as they are posted throughout the week.
So, for the tag, here are my answers:
1. Who are your favorite superheroes? (Go ahead and list up to five if you want!)
1. Doctor Strange/Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch, Doctor Strange)
2. The Shadow/Lamont Cranston (Alec Baldwin, The Shadow)
3. Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner, The Avengers)
4. The Phantom/Kit Walker (Billy Zane, The Phantom)
2. What's your favorite superhero movie?
Doctor Strange (2016). No contest. Yet. We'll see if that changes with all the Marvel movies coming out this year. I'll be posting more on this movie later this week.
3. Do you have a favorite superhero couple?
Assuming they both have to be superheroes, I’m going to go with Ant-Man and Wasp from Ant-Man. I really loved Natasha Romanoff/Bruce Banner too, but Banner was an idiot and blew that one, so... Ant-Man and Wasp. (Also love Logan and Kayla Silverfox from X-Men: Origins.)
4. What was your introduction to the world of superheroes?
I thought it was Superman, but realized that it has to be Wonder Woman in the 1975-1979 series, as that pre-dates the first Superman I saw, which would be the 1978 movie with Christopher Reeve. So, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman was first.
5. If you could be any superhero for a day, who would you like to be?
Superman. I’d want to be someone with the ability to fly, and you know, he’s got all the rest to go with that. Super strength, x-ray vision, basically invincible... except for that Kryptonite thing He kind of can do it all. I would like to save and protect people as Superman for a day.
6. Do you have a favorite supervillain?
Since we got to list five superheroes, I’m applying the same number to this category.
1. Kaecilius (Mads Mikkelsen, Doctor Strange)
2. John Garrett (Bill Paxton, Agents of SHIELD)
3. Loki (Tom Hiddleston, multiple films)
4. Stryker (Brian Cox, X-Men 2)
7. Can you think of a superhero who should get their own solo film, but hasn't yet?
8. Do you read comic books?
I read comic books when I was young, but only Star Wars and Elfquest comics (which I still own). I have not read any superhero comic books.
9. Why do you like superheroes?
I like superheroes because the good ones have the qualities I was introduced to by Wonder Woman and Superman... they selflessly protect and aid those without super powers who need their help. They put themselves in danger to protect the innocent. I also greatly admire the superheroes with astounding skills but no actual super powers, as they take on the same job without the advantages. (ie: Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc...) I suppose the concept of superheroes is a bit of wish fulfillment fantasy. I know I would love to be a superhero. Just don't ask me to sign the Sokovia Accords, because I won't.
10. Have you ever cosplayed as a superhero? Feel free to share pics if you want!
Well, when I was a young thing, I pretended to be Wonder Woman. But I didn't have a costume, just a lasso and a plastic headband (that was sky blue, but hey, my imagination didn't care that it wasn't gold). If I had the resources, I'd cosplay as Agent Melinda May. Not just because she's one of my character matches, but because I love her SHIELD outfit, and it would be comfortable to wear.