Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sleep, Data, sleep...

Eek. It's been ten days since I worked on novel. Now, I gotta find the writing rhythm all over again. Darned vacation/trips. Mess me up. Doesn't help that I got little sleep while I was away, and I've been waiting and waiting for today to come just so I could crash out for a few hours in the middle of the day. They say you can't truly catch up on sleep, but I don't know. Some extra ZZZ's seems to do the trick for me. I don't feel guilty for sleeping, but I've also got three movies from Netflix I haven't watched yet (over dinner, I keep going back to the ones I own instead of the new rental ones, *shakes head*).

And I've had the word "maladroit" stuck in my head for two days now. Not sure why.

And I have two novellas, both completed but in various stages of revision, that do not have titles. They've never had titles. Today, here and now, for some perplexing reason, this is really bugging me ("You're buggin' me, man, you're buggin' me! - Sylvester, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World). I want titles. I want something to call them instead of "the mother story" and "the telling." I'd also like to finish them but, really, that's secondary to finding decent titles. Argh. Why this popped up here and now, I have no idea. But now that it's in my head...

No comments: