Tag answers for Hamlette's Tolkien Blog Party! Thanks for hosting! Lots of fun posts from people to read, go check it out!
1. ...join Thorin's Company or the Fellowship?
Thorin's Company. I adore the Fellowship... but they don't need me. Thorin's company... they could use a scout. It also not an end-of-the-world adventure, so that makes it more appealing as well.
2. ...ride Shadowfax or an eagle?
An eagle, of course. I would love to fly.
3. ...travel through Moria or Mirkwood?
Mirkwood, any day. I'm much more comfortable in the forest -- any forest -- than underground. Now Erebor or Mirkwood? Erebor, baby, but I don't have any love for Moria.
4. ...learn to make elvish rope or mithril chainmail?
Both? I think I would enjoy making chainmail much more, though.
5. ...try to outwit Smaug or Saruman?
Saruman, definitely. Smaug likes his riddles and word play and toying with you, and I suck at those. Saruman is more direct and at least I could actually fight him if it came to that, whereas you can't really fight a dragon. I would lose to either, but Smaug would roast me and that is not a way I want to go. I would much rather be defeated by Saruman.
6. ...spend an hour with Grima Wormtongue or Denethor?
Denethor. Grima is just plain icky, but I'm fine with Denethor. I don't have the issues with him most people seem to have.
7. ...attend Faramir's wedding or Samwise's wedding?
Faramir's, I believe. It would be more formal and have more people, and I could disappear into a corner and just watch things. Hobbits would try to talk to me and engage me at Sam's wedding, cuz they're all so hobbity and way too much for me.
8. ...have to care for the One Ring or the Arkenstone for a day?
Arkenstone. The One Ring, even for a day, would be detrimental to one's well being.
9. ...have tea with Bilbo or Frodo?
Bilbo. I like Frodo, but Bilbo is awesome. He would be a much more enjoyable tea companion.
10. ...fight alongside Boromir or Eomer?
Boromir. I have no love of Eomer.