Sunday, February 19, 2006

uno, due, tre

As usual, it takes three disparate things to bring a short story together for me. I really do not know why this, but it happens time and time again. Today it was a month-old failed idea for the pole 69 contest at Astounding Tales floating around in my head. It's been snowing and there is the most phenomenal set of icicles hanging off my front deck roof. And I was catching up on blogs earlier and found Vera Nazarian's entry of Jan 30. That was the third piece of the puzzle. Once I had it, all three pieces came together and I have a single short story to write, tentatively titled "The Icicle Garden." And really, the new conglomerate idea has little to do with the three pieces of origin. It just took that particular combo to make something new.

No comments: