Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

So, even if #2 is still AWOL, my other muses are still on the ball. I had asked them for three ideas per the latest writing assignment, one novel idea and two short story ideas. The novel came right away, the two shorts last night - all well within the allotted week. Honestly, I didn't expect the two short story ideas. I haven't written a short I could submit anywhere in well over a year now. I thought that part of my brain was gone, dead, turned off, never to be seen again.

Boy, how wrong can you get? Interestingly, all three ideas did fall squarely in with the things on my creative map. I'm not sure why that surprises me so much, but it does. Perhaps it's just finally having a visual to go with things I've always known that I hate/fear/love etc.?

This class so far is definitely well worth it.

No comments: