Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Legends of Western Cinema 2022 - Tag


 It's time for Hamlette, Olivia, and Heidi's "Legends of Western Cinema Week."  And it opens with a tag.  Here are my answers...


1) Favorite western focused on a lone hero?
Cowboys & Aliens - yes, Jake Lonergan ends up with a lot of help, but he starts alone, ends alone, and does things his way and usually without informing anyone what he's doing throughout.  Epitome of a loner.

2) Favorite western focused on a group of compadres?
The Professionals

3) Favorite western with a female main character?
Cat Ballou - "Cat Ballou.  Cat Ballooo-ooo-ou." A movie I grew up with that never gets old.

4) Favorite western with a POC main character?
Silverado - Danny Glover as Mal is one of my favorite parts of this Western, and I adore his father and sister as well.

5) Favorite western with kids in it?
Big Jake - all right, only one kid, but I love little Jake and I can't think of any other Western right now with multiple kids in it that I like.

6) Favorite western set somewhere other than the United States?
Quigley Down Under - kind of the easy answer on this one, but it is such a good movie, hard not to jump right to it when asked.

7) Favorite "western" that doesn't fit the genre's dictionary definition?
Outland (1981) - "High Noon" in space, with Sean Connery as the marshal.  Been a fave of mine for years.

8) Favorite funny western?
The Frisco Kid - And just in time, a new blu-ray was recently released of this.  Can't wait to watch it again!

9) Favorite tragic/sad western?
Lonely are the Brave

10) Favorite western TV show?
Have Gun: Will Travel - nothing beats Paladin and the trouble he solves/gets into.

4 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I love that all your answers are totally different than mine will be! Except maybe one -- I'm going back and forth on a couple yet. And even so, I like basically all of these movies, except I haven't seen Outland yet.

DKoren said...

Lol! That's because there are so many movies out there. I had multiple answers for every question (except the kids one) and kind of just went with whichever movie I felt the most for at this particular moment. Thanks for hosting this event with your pardners-in-crime!

Melissa Amateis said...

Saturdays are for Westerns. Them's the rules at my house! Ha! I always try and watch classic westerns on Saturdays, and I think it's because I was always at my grandparents' place on Saturdays and they had westerns playing. RIO BRAVO is my all-time favorite Western. There's a classic movies channel on my Roku TV that has thousands of movies, and I've been able to watch some new-to-me westerns that I've absolutely loved!

DKoren said...

Melissa, I love that! Saturdays would be the perfect day for Westerns. I'm all for Western Saturdays!! Rio Bravo is just a great classic Western. Can never go wrong with that one!