Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Those that try to tangle with my derring do

I've been editing and revising and polishing, and I'm sick of it. So tonight I worked on a brand spanking new sci fi/noir short story. I've been so focused on novels that I haven't devoted much time to shorts. I've been steadily working on notes to re-write a fantasy novella, but tonight, I just really wanted to work on something completely new and unknown to me.

So, I'm spinning out an odd little tale about hunting a time traveling murderer in post-WWII Los Angeles. I have the opening paragraphs written, but the story's central conflict is currently larger than I want. I'll see if my muses can keep the idea but change the story into something less inclined to sprawl. Ideally a flash story, because I miss writing those.

1 comment:

Melissa Amateis said...

Sounds interesting! I haven't written a short story in quite a long time.