Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The "Just a List of Random Questions" Tag


Hamlette tagged me for this one.  Here goes!


The rules for the tag are:
~ Paste the button onto your blog post.
~ Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.

Now for the fun...

~Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
~Answer the questions of the person who tagged you - make it all super random and interesting :-D

 Three facts about me:
1. I've climbed to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite
2. I've skiied and snowboarded
3. I've gone paragliding

----------------------------
Favorite role from your favorite actor?  I’ve answered this before, so to not be boring and repetitive, I'm going with my current favorite actor, rather than my long-held favorite.  And that would be Richard Armitage.  Favorite role would have to be Thorin from the Hobbit movies, but Harry Kennedy (from The Vicar of Dibley) might be a close second for the sheer quantity of heart-stopping smiles and the discussion re: falling into debt.

Favorite role from your favorite actress?  And again not to repeat, I'll go with current era instead of classic, though that means I don't truly have one.  To me, favorites are those actors whose work you seek out because you want to see them in more things.  I'm going to go with Famke Janssen, because I think she's fabulous, and I have watched movies just because she was in it.  Favorite role would be the first thing I saw her in, way back in the early 90's, which was "The Perfect Mate" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  She made a really good episode great, and it's still in my top ten of that series.

Book you've read that you tell people not to bother reading?   None.  Just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean someone else won’t love it.

A food you refuse to try?  Tripe.  Well, offal of any kind... just, no.

Your favorite article of clothing?  Right now?  Probably my Battle of the Five Armies sweatshirt, just because it is so soft and comfortable, and it's still cool enough in the mornings and evenings to wear it.

Have you ever gone to see the same movie in the theater more than once?  Many, many, many times.  And will do so many, many, many times in the future. Repeat viewings are one of the great joys in life.

Do you paint your toenails?  Not usually.  Only if someone talks me into it.

Do you wear any piece of jewelry every day?  I never take my jewelry off!!  If it’s not something I can leave on 24/7, it’s not something I will wear.  (Although, I do own a couple of shiny bracelets I wear only to the opera.)  So, right now, I’ve always got on my Evenstar necklace, my small hoop earrings, two bracelets (a leather braided one and a wristband with a quote), and a ring.  And yes, I wear them all to bed and in the shower, including the leather bracelet. 

Are you on Pinterest?  No.

Do you collect anything?  Seriously collect?  Like go actively hunting for stuff for my collection of X?  No.  But I buy a lot of what I love.  So, soundtrack and operas CDs, and movie stuff from movies I love. 

Have you ever asked a famous person for their autograph?  Yes, but only at venues (conventions, stage back-doors) where they would expect such a request, not if I run into someone cool just out and about.  That's their private time, and I respect that.

Have you been outside the country you were born in?
  Sure.  Mexico and Canada, and most recently, Australia.

---------------------------------

I'm not going to tag anybody, cuz it looks like most of the people I know who would answer have already been tagged, but if you feel like playing along, here are some random questions!

My list of questions:

What's your favorite place to go for a walk/hike?
What kind/color pen do you prefer to use?
What's your favorite event in the Winter Olympics?
What decorations are on your keychain?
If you're in place you've never been, do you prefer a map or a GPS or asking for help to find your way?
Did you have a piggy bank growing up?
What's the second-to-last movie you watched?
Can you hula hoop?
What's the coolest theme park you've visited?
If you could be any mythical creature, what would you choose to be?
What's your favorite movie that has a wedding in it?

11 comments:

Olivia said...

This tag is fun, isn't it?:)

I'm gonna answer your questions, just for the fun of it!

What's your favorite place to go for a walk/hike? Hmm...I like just quiet country in the spring, or woods, I suppose.

What kind/color pen do you prefer to use? I have about 6 different pens that are in a constant rotation - they're either black, blue, purple, or green. And red for correcting, of course:)

What's your favorite event in the Winter Olympics? Ice skating, all the way!

What decorations are on your keychain? I actually don't have a keychain as of yet.

If you're in place you've never been, do you prefer a map or a GPS or asking for help to find your way? Probably GPS. Yes, yes, horribly 21-century-dependent, but such is the case.

Did you have a piggy bank growing up? Yup!

What's the second-to-last movie you watched? Not counting the movie I'm watching right now, it'd be the '90s-something Sabrina with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond.

Can you hula hoop? Ha. Ahaha. I can twirl for about a second and a half, if that counts.

What's the coolest theme park you've visited? Busch Gardens (yes, yes, that's the only one ice ever visited, 't'is true, but that has next to nothing to do with it).

If you could be any mythical creature, what would you choose to be? A fairy/elf, mermaid, or possibly a unicorn/Pegasus.

What's your favorite movie that has a wedding in it? Yikes...that's harder than I thought it'd be. I'll just mention Amazing Grace, as that's an awesome movie that I love and that has a wedding.

Fun questions!:)

Tom said...

I love your saying "repeat viewings are one of the great joys in life". I'm in the midst of multiple-viewings right now with Furious Seven; seen it five times now and planning on more. Not sure if I'll ever break your record, though.

OK, I'll take a stab at your three lies and a truth: I'll pick #3 paragliding.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I'm kind of guessing that #3 is wrong.

I'm going to answer your questions here because... I can. And you answered mine.

What's your favorite place to go for a walk/hike?

The Tanawha Trails in NC. They're part of the great Appalachian Trail, but each one is just a nice jaunt in and of itself, rarely too strenuous, but always with amazing views of the Blue Ridge and so much flora and fauna. They let me imagine I'm Daniel Boone, since he really did tramp around all over that area.

What kind/color pen do you prefer to use?

Blue is my preferred color, but I do like red, green, and purple a lot. I use different pens for different things. Ball-point for school-teaching-related stuff, gel pens for birthday cards for my nieces and nephews, and a mix of both for my journals. Ball-point for every day, and gel pens or other cool pens for exciting days.

What's your favorite event in the Winter Olympics?

Figure skating. I like Men's best, but Pairs is cool too, and so is Women's. Not a huge fan of Ice Dancing, though.

What decorations are on your keychain?

:-D A dog tag I got for our very first Recon that says my name, my call sign, my blood type, and "Take the Point." Also, a tiny little bronze disk that says "Shiny" to remind me of Firefly. Also a big plastic photo frame thingie with two pics of Bard the Bowman. Those are my main keys. I have a second set that's for the Other Car, and that has my Thor photo frame thingie on it. By the end of the month, Thor might get switched out with Bard...

If you're in place you've never been, do you prefer a map or a GPS or asking for help to find your way?

If I'm driving, GPS. If I'm walking, map. I hate talking to strangers, so asking for directions is the very lastest of lastest resorts.

Did you have a piggy bank growing up?

I had three! One porcelain one shaped like a baby boot that I kept bills in, one metal one shaped like a globe that I kept change in, and one really funky plasticy one that was shaped like a mouse sitting on top of a toadstool that I didn't keep anything in because it was hard to get money out of it.

What's the second-to-last movie you watched?

If I count the one I'm half-thru as the last one, then the second-to-last would be... um... um... um... what did I watch when my Mom was here? Oh! High Society.

Can you hula hoop?

No.

What's the coolest theme park you've visited?

Tweetsie Railroad is dearest to my heart because it's all cowboys and trains, and I've gone their with both my parents and my kids. But my favorite, and probably the coolest, is Cedar Point in Ohio, which has all the roller coasters my heart could desire. I'm just waiting for my kids to get big enough to ride them so we can go back there.

If you could be any mythical creature, what would you choose to be?

A centaur.

What's your favorite movie that has a wedding in it?

While You Were Sleeping.

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

I am so proud of myself for knowing who Harry Kennedy and liking that role for Armitage equally as much as you! It's the only episode I've ever seen of The Vicar of Dibley and I just LOVED him it!

I'm afraid you're kinder to authors than I am. There have been some books, quite a few in fact, that I've really loathed and will actually mention to other people in the context of "Don't ever read this book." Oops!

DKoren said...

He is ridiculously adorable as Harry Kennedy. Those two eps he was in were quite funny and sweet.

You know, you got me thinking, and I think I have actually ever hated a book. There's many, many I've been disappointed in, but none I actually hated. Interesting. But I also get very interested when someone says they hated a book, because it makes me want to know why, and wonder if I will also not like it. I'm an extremely curious person. (Oddly, the reverse is not true. If someone tells me they loved a book, it usually doesn't provoke any response in me. Weird.)

DKoren said...

Wow! How cool that Furious Seven has grabbed you like that! I have not seen any of those films, but I did like the trailer for this last one. Do you need to see the earlier films first?

That's two guesses for paragliding... and nope. That one is true. I went paragliding in Mexico. Loved it!

Tom said...

You don't need to see the earlier films to enjoy the action but it does help to understand the character dynamics.

DKoren said...

Ha! So... that means nobody I know can actually hula hoop. I'm like you, can do it for a few seconds, but that's about it.

I really enjoyed "Amazing Grace"! That was a really good movie.

DKoren said...

Hm, I might go check it out, then!

DKoren said...

Cool answers!

As for the facts, #1 is wrong. I have not climbed to the top of Half Dome. The day we went to climb it, many years ago now, I sprained my ankle a few miles into the hike and, like a complete fool, I kept hiking on it. We climbed to the base of Half Dome, started up the step portion, which was fine, until I turned around and tried to step down... then I found out how much pain my ankle could put me in. I did not go any farther, and the eight miles downhill out of there was agony every step. One of the stupidest days of my life.

Also, having seen firsthand the cables you have to hang onto to reach the top, no way am I ever going to re-attempt either. Hee.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Awww, that's so sad! What a bummer :-(