Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2018 Favorite movies - revisited

Naturally, since I made my list of favorite 2018 movies before the year was over, before the Christmas movies came out, my list changed before 2018 ended.

Conclusion:  it is really a three-way tie between Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, and Bohemian Rhapsody.  I honestly cannot pick one over the other.  All three were seen multiple times in the theater, all of them leave me revved up and bouncy-happy coming out of the theater.  I wouldn't change anything about any of them.  All three were shared with family who loved them just as much as I did, so there are many memories, and hours of conversation about each of them.  Music is infinitely important to what makes a movie a favorite movie, and the scores to all three have been listened to repeatedly.  Obviously, the movies earlier in the year have been listened to more, but Bohemian Rhapsody, being Queen, kind of gets a pass there, as that is music I've listened to for even longer, though I've discovered some new songs.

Which makes 2018 one fabulous year for movies for me.  It is rare to have not one, not two, but three movies of that calibre, that captured my heart so completely.

I was reviewing the movies I streamed on Amazon Prime and Netflix last year (which was a LOT), and oddly, I did not discover anything there that grabbed me.  There was only one movie viewed from a streaming source that I wanted to own on DVD, and that was Macbeth (2015).

2018 was definitely a year for theatrical movies for me, not small screen.

1 comment:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

You had such a stellar year of movies! I love those years.