Thursday, April 02, 2015

MEMM - Day 22 - Costume you most want to wear

Well, this is an easy one.  While I admire most of the costumes, I wouldn't actually enjoy wearing most of them.  (Though I wouldn't mind stealing pieces of various costumes!)  Boromir's outfit may be my favorite, but it's too heavy and confining.  And I wouldn't wear a dress unless forced to.  The outfit has to be practical, not too hot or cold, comfortable, and allow me full movement for running and walking about.  Which really leaves me with Aragorn's Strider outfit.

It's got layers, which is the key to comfortable clothes!  Take that jacket off when it gets hot, roll up the sleeves, add a cloak when it gets cold.  It is perfect, and I can't think of any other outfit in all the movies I would be as comfortable wearing daily as this one.



3 comments:

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

My sister owns, I think it's 3, LOTR costumes that she's made. One of Arwen's and two of Eowyn's. The long green gown when Eowyn watches Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli ride in. So beautiful! Costumes are a lot of fun. :)

DKoren said...

That is so awesome! I've made several Ren Faire costumes, but have never tried to match a movie costume.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Definitely a great option for every-day wear!