Monday, April 05, 2010

Day 05 → Your favourite quote

Okay, this one's really really really hard for me. I don't know that I have a specific favorite quote. It's mostly movie dialogue quoted frequently, and there is an awful lot of that quoted every single day around my house. I mean the entire The Dirty Dozen movie basically qualifies as one giant quote fest for my family. I don't think a day goes by where something isn't thrown out from it. If I start on that one, I can't stop. I don't think I have any non-film-related quotes I can remotely remember off the top of my head, though I do keep a little book with memorable quotes in it.

Okay, okay. Pick one already. Er. Um. I'll go with one my favorite quotes from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea then:

"But there is hope for the future, and when the world is ready for a new and better life, all this will someday come to pass, in God's good time." - Captain Nemo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quote - especially with James Mason's wonderful intonation. I really will have to nick this meme for next month. :-)

DKoren said...

Yes, must be heard with James Mason's voice. :-D

This is kind of a weird meme. Some of it is really interesting, some kind of odd.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Not sure what I'd do with the day/month/year in detail bits (leave them, probably), but a lot of it is quite interesting - I guess because, if you're a nosy so-and-so like me, it gives you a glimpse of the person writing the blog, which most memes don't.