Monday, April 19, 2010

Millie and Kate's brilliantly evil asthmatic survey...


This one's from... well, duh... Millie and Kate! Sorry, I seem to be picture-less in my answers, and that just isn't nearly as much fun.

1. Which actors do you always (or did you always) mix-up?
Chips Rafferty and John Meillon (who plays Wally in Crocodile Dundee). I saw Crocodile Dundee first, and basically, every time I've run into Chips Rafferty (which is quite a lot), my first thought is always "Hey, it's Wally!" And then I have to correct myself.

2. Gidget or Beach Party?
Haven't seen either, sorry.

3. Favorite Movie Outfit?
Deborah Kerr's famous dress from her dance scene with Yul Brynner in The King and I.

4. If you could be ANY character in ANY movie...who would you choose?
Nellie Forbush, South Pacific

5. If you could marry ANY character in ANY movie...who would you choose?
I should go with someone sensible here (in other words, just about any Joel McCrea character), but I just can't. I can't help it. I want Roy Anderson (Ralph Meeker) from The Naked Spur. Who would make a terrible husband (not to mention *SPOILER ALERT* he doesn't survive the movie, ahem), but I'd marry him anyway.

6. If you could live in ANY movie...which would you choose?
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... the Nautilus is mine, I tell you. Mine!

7. Black & White movies you wish were in Technicolor, or vice-versa?
Babes in Toyland 1934, with Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. I'd love it if this one had been made in color! (the colorized version does NOT count)

8. Favorite Movie Soundtrack?
The Wind and the Lion, Jerry Goldsmith

9. Favorite Movie Dance Sequence?
Any time George Raft dances with anybody. LOL! I'm also quite partial to Fred Astaire dancing on the walls and ceiling in Royal Wedding, but I think I actually have to go with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner's big number in The King and I. If only because it is the most exhilaratingly happy and romantic dance ever. And I really can do without the movie otherwise. That's the only scene I'll wach.

10. Coolest Movie Star?
Steve McQueen

11. Sophia or Gina
Gina! (besides, her last name is cooler to say)

12. "Isn't It Romantic" in most Billy Wilder films, or "Red River Valley" in most John Ford films.
er... um... huh?

13. If you could re-cast ANY role in ANY movie, what would it be?
I'd put ANYBODY into the role of Fletcher Christian instead of Marlon Brando in the 1962 Mutiny on the Bounty.

14. Favorite movie character with your first name?
Um, can't think of a single one actually. How about actress instead... Debra Paget! I always wanted to look like her.

15.One movie that should NEVER be remade? (under THE THREAT OF A SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH!)
Star Wars

16. Actor or Actress who you would love to be best friends with?
Barbara Stanwyck

17. Are you an Oscar or a Felix?
um... never watched this either, movie or series, so haven't a clue.

18. Actor/Actress you originally hated and now love?
Nothing so dramatic as love/hate, but I didn't appreciate Robert Mitchum or Robert Ryan when I was young. Thought they were both stick-in-the-muds. Now, while I don't exactly love either, I certainly don't steer clear of their movies anymore, and I think both are damned good actors.

19.Actor/Actress you originally loved and now don't like?
Again, nothing very dramatic, but I used to like Cary Grant, and I seem to be far less tolerant of him (particularly his early films) the older I get.

20. Favorite performance that was looked over by Oscar? (Not to be confused with the aforementioned Oscar of Felix fame.) .
Dana Andrews, The Best Years of Our Lives.

21. Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie?
Bewitched

22. Hannibal Heyes or Kid Curry? (Hint for those who don't know who they are: pick Hannibal Heyes.)
Kid Curry

23. Favorite Style Icon: Fred Astaire or Cary Grant?
Fred Astaire

24. Single most favorite movie scene EVER?
Boy, this one is tough tough tough. I can think of a whole bunch of favorite scenes and favorite moments, but picking just one of them?? Oy. Okay, I'm going to go with a more modern film here. The kidnap/rescue scene from the middle of The Wind and the Lion. I don't think it gets much better than that.

25. Movie you really "should" see, but have subconsciously avoiding for who knows what reason?
The Godfather (and sequels)

26. Movie quote you find yourself most often repeating in real life?
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time I do what I have to." - Cicero, from Gladiator (2000). I tell myself this all the time, and this quote will get me through the rough days.

27. 50's Westerns or 60's Spies?
50's Westerns, only because cowboys trump spies. However, the real answer here would be "60's Westerns." LOL!

28. Favorite splashy, colorful, obnoxious 50's musical?
Er... don't think I like any of the obnoxious ones.

29. Favorite film setting (example: Rome, Paris, Seattle, Siberia, Chile, Sahara Desert, etc)
Sierra Mountains, but any outdoor setting: forests, deserts, mountains, lakes. Anything but city.

30. If you could own the entire wardrobe of any film, which would it be?
Nellie Forbush's outfits from South Pacific. Simple, cute, with one lovely dress for going out. Of course, I'd have to have her build to be able to wear them, but I wouldn't mind that!

31. Carol Burnette or Lucille Ball?
Lucy!

32. Favorite Voice. Ever. Period?
Lee Marvin

33. Favorite movie that takes place in your home-state?
Sunset Blvd.

34. Which actors would you want for relatives? (Mother, Father, Grandma, Crazy Aunt, annoying cousin, older brother, etc...)
Hah! One could have a lot of fun with this one...
Mother - Barbara Stanwyck

Father - Glenn Ford
Sister - Anne Baxter
Brother - John Lupton
Grandfather - John Wayne
Grandmother - Maureen O'Hara
Uncles - Van Heflin, James Whitmore, and Ray Walston
Aunts - Elsa Lancaster and Dorothy Lamour
Cousins - Bobby Darin and William Campbell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

17. Are you an Oscar or a Felix?
um... never watched this either, movie or series, so haven't a clue.


Trust me, you are definitely a Felix! (and I say that with a grin...) But it's not a bad thing, honestly! :)

DKoren said...

Hee! I'll take your word for it, as you know me well enough!

Millie said...

LOVED YOUR ANSWERS!

Oh my goodness! Bobby Darin = awesomest cousin EVER!

THE KID?!?! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES!

Anyway, great answers! Thanks for taking the survey!